Thursday, February 28, 2008

Middle-of-the-day-croquet

And behold, there was much laundry to be done. So, I hurried getting the girls ready for a day outside, packed snacks, drinks and all that, and all the laundry. We traveled by wagon (Radioflyer) to the laundryroom yonder. (okay, that's enough talking like that!)
The girls had a blast playing croquet today. Mostly Sienna, but occasionally Chloe was scream with joy or attempt to throw a ball somewhere. Sienna didn't quite understand, despite numerous attempts, that you hold the mallet with two hands. She did pretty good though!

She was found cheating a few time, moving the balls right where she wanted them. Not even to hit them, just to position them where she thought best. What can I say? It's a toddler's world.
Chloe "contemplating life", as daddy would call it.

Four loads of laundry later (not bad for 1 1/2 hours!) and two hungry girls later, we headed back to the apartment. Honestly? I think Sienna had more fun crushing leaves than playing croquet. She was so cute bringing piles of dead leaves to show me, and then squashing them into tiny pieces. Yikes...I just realized how pale her skin is right now. Summer, hurry up!

8 comments:

Tiffany said...

How fun! Good for you to do so much laundry!

shayla said...

Wanna come over and do 8 loads of my laundry? Sounds like you have the laundry thing down pat! This weather is sooo wonderful right now, isn't it??!

*katie said...

So cute! I took the boys to the park today and let them crawl through and dirt and leaves and stuff...they had a great time!

Christy said...

Word to the "summer hurry up" idea! I am so pastey right now it's gross!

Hazen5 said...

I am going to Blue October too! Girl's night here we come, where should we eat? Your girls are the perfect picture of summer!

Mike and Melanie said...

Looks like so much fun! Your girls are such cuties!

Barry & Lee said...

Laundry became my favorite homemaking chore, the job is concise and orderly and my laundry room became my own private little hang-out, how many times does anyone want to seek you out in the laundry room? They might have to help! Sienna and Chloe are so pretty!

Lee

mariah said...

Just the fact that you made laundry sound fun makes me jealous of you! :) AND that you remembered to bust out your camera- you take the cake on mommyhood..... I want to be like Brooke when I grow up someday.