Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Pre-Spring!!


Can I just say how much I LOVE all the pretty spring wildflowers everywhere in San Diego right now? It makes me so happy. The main colors I've notice while driving to and from La Jolla and Escondido/San Marcos are yellow, orange and purple. If you haven't noticed, please take action and start looking. SOOOOOooo gorgeous! I always want to go wade (like they're water!) through them or just lay in them. Kind of reminds me of Little House on the Prairie too. ha ha.
If any of you end up just taking a drive....go on the 78 east past the Wild Animal Park, turn right on Bandy Canyon road and just keep going til it stops. Then turn left and keep going. This is where we drove on Sunday after church. You end up in the boonies, but it was the prettiest drive I've taken in a while, and a very unknown one to me, which is rare. So therapeutic.

9 comments:

Ashley said...

I love going on drives too. There are some really gorgeous ones in Seattle, and I haven't even done very many of them yet. Spring is coming soon!

Erin Hoy said...

I love that drive! Just took it a few weeks ago! I also love Little House on the Prarie... Classic

Christy said...

I feel exactly the same way, but it's not just the flowers that I love--I love when all the trees start budding with tiny green leaves. The tree in front of our house is budding and it makes me so happy:)

Tiffany said...

We should take some spring pictures since the colors are so beautiful!

flip flop mama said...

Yeah it's been so beautiful! Especially to see the flowers and greenery blooming in the fire burned areas. I'm so glad we got so much rain this year!

*katie said...

So pretty! The boys and I will have to that drive this week:)

Hazen5 said...

I went running this afternoon in this gorgeous sunny weather and just noticed those yellow flowers on Twin Oaks!

queenieweenie said...

I am sooo ready for Spring! I love the green everywhere. I hadn't noticed the wildflowers but I'll be sure to now! I hope this weather holds on a little longer :)

Marcie said...

Thanks for the info about the scenic drive. I love it when Spring has sprung- the flowers are gorgeous!