It was the end of my senior year at San Marcos High School (go Knights!), and I was getting ready to graduate. I was ditching a lot of class to go to the beach and having a blast hanging with my friends. Yes, this means that my 10-year high school reunion is this year, yikes! Can't believe that it's been that long already. Will I go? We'll see!
I had one month left to serve in the Uruguay Montevideo West Mission. I was in an area called Colonia, across the river from Argentina, which was by far my most challenging. I had two awesome companions, Hermana Eagar and Hermana Papenfuss, whom I love dearly. That June I flew home to find my mom 30-40 pounds lighter, two TEENAGE brothers and my dad, who was STILL writing his "book". =)
5 Months Ago:
I had just been hired as the newest employee of Starbucks Coffee. Yep! It's true....I worked there a big fat 6 weeks, and then the fun was over. It just didn't work out with other schedules going on. Needless to say it was a silly idea anyway! I was also busy planning Sienna's 2nd birthday party, with a blow-up jumper and all. Sienna and her friends were in heaven.
5 Things on my to-do-list today:
1. Go to the temple
2. Do the pile-up of dishes (I miss my dishwasher SO bad!)
3. Make bread and deviled eggs
4. Go for a run
5. Make Ian a birthday present!
5 Snacks I enjoy:
1. Diet Coke
2. Spinach Artichoke Dip with tortilla chips to dip
3. "Uncooked tortillas"....cooked
5. Toast...."always and forever"
5 Things I would do if I were suddenly a billionaire:
1. Pay off ALL debt (including car)
2. Buy a home
3. Go on a cruise with Stephen
4. Pay off my mom's piano
5. Buy my dad a new truck!
5 of my BAD habits:
1. Make cookies too often, and eat them!
2. Not doing the dishes right away, thus they pile up
3. Waste food (produce goes bad too fast)
4. Spending money (even though I have none!)
5. Forgetting to prepare my lesson for Sunday School until the night before.
5 Places I have lived:
1. San Marcos, CA
2. Rexburg, ID
3. Montevideo, Uruguay
4. Vista, CA
5. La Jolla, CA
5 Jobs I have had: (in no particular order)
1. Office Manager at Pediatric office
2. Dental Assistant at Packard Dental
3. Assistant Photographer
5. BBQ Pit employee....3 years, and I MISS that smell!!
5 Things people don't know about me:
1. I went skydiving right before my mission...my awesome dad took me and my brother Derek. And I want to go again and then some!
2. I had cosmetic ear surgery when I was 15. Yeah, I had funky ear tops with extra skin. It wasn't too noticeable, but my brother was getting his done, so I got mine for free!
3. I HATE seafood
4. I almost joined the Peace Corps instead of going on a mission (so glad I made the right decision!)
5. I pole-vaulted in high school for two years and LOVED it...even cleared the 6'6" height.
5 People to tag:
2. Jessica Barnum
3. Christy LaLanne
4. Robin Baker
5. Colleen Baker