Monday, May 19, 2008

Heat

Heat, heat go away, please don't come til back like this....EVER!


Okay, so I live in La Jolla, so I really shouldn't be complaining. I know this! But I'm dying of heat! This heat wave has got me flat on my bootie doing a whole lot of nothin'! Part of the problem is we are minus air-conditioning. And our apartment windows face nowhere near the ocean breeze. UGH!


So, I've been doing a lot of reading and laying around being lazy with the girlsies. They're wondering why mommy is being so much more interactive lately (sad, yes). Of course I play with them otherwise, but over the weekend, that's ALL I did. Dishes? Nah! Pick up toys? Nah. Cook/bake? Nah. Anything? Nah. (That's SO how it felt).


I will be more than willing to accept heat like this when I have A/C or when it's actually SUMMER! What happened to spring? Oh wait- we never have spring in San Diego, silly me!


Just thought I would put a lovely complaint blog out there. Go ahead, bring on yours!

10 comments:

Lenna said...

Hello! Come NORTH for a cooler temp. (we're talking 2-3 DEGREES cooler)

Whatever, come visit us! We're rockin' the new A/C unit and would love a playdate with you and the girls :)

Sorry about the hotness. I'm wishing you some cool breezes and popsicles...

Mike and Amie said...

I don't hear Steven complaining! He's out surfing no doubt. Quit your belly achin! Try joining me for a 7 month Winter and then enjoying a bug infested summer (not that I'll be experiencing it! I'm escaping to SD for the summer!) Yeah!
Go buy a wall unit! My father in-law has one and they work great! Find a pool sister! Enjoy it!

Robin Baker - The Blessed Hippie said...

all I have to say is... want to pay my $400 a month SDG&E Bill? Right. That's what I thought. And we don't even run the ac/heat very often. Now be thankful you live at the beach!

*katie said...

Yay for cooler weather today!! I'm loving the overcast-ness. I think it's supposed to be cooler all week long!!

mistyb said...

I hear ya on the heat it's been over a hundred for the past 4 days up here. It's finally starting to cool off today though hopefully down there too!

Tiffani said...

I hear ya! We hit 99 and humid yesterday. Yuck!

shayla said...

You fished your wish! It's beautiful and 70 today---seriously 25 degree swing from the weekend...ummmm, San Diego for ya!

Hazen5 said...

I want the heat back!!!

queenieweenie said...

I am SO with you! I HATE being hot...I mean absolutely LOATHE the heat. I'm so grateful for this nice breeze coming up my hill right now! Much better.

Jessica said...

Hey at least you're not getting SNOW in May! Last week we got snow then it got really warm in the mid 80's then yesterday it turned really cold and today we have snow again! GRRRRRRR! Snow, snow go away come again when it's winter!