Friday, May 21, 2010

be like lehi

The following is something I was reflecting on during my reading this week that I shared in my class at school online.  I thought I'd share it here too.  Have a great beginning to your weekend!



"Something that really struck me during my Book of Mormon reading this week is the love Lehi has for his family, and especially his children. Everything that he learns from the scriptures and from his dealings with the Lord, he wants his children to have. He's constantly sharing these things with them and exhorting them to seek out the Lord. It has really made me want to make sure I become that kind of parent. I have two children, Sienna (who is 4) and Chloe (who is 3). They are still very young, but they are already soaking in so many things that my husband and I teach them. Sometimes we don't even realize that they are listening or that they understand what we say. But it's clear, later down the road, that they really are listening. Not just that, but that they understand. Some days they even relate it to something that has happened that day. Sometimes it's regarding something bad that happened, other times it's recognizing the Holy Ghost in their own lives. It brings tears to my eyes to see my children gaining testimony's already at such a young age. In this way, Lehi has made me want to be a better parent. I want to be able to receive the revelation and guidance to help me teach my children what the Lord would have me teach. What a blessing the gospel is in my life!"

2 comments:

*katie said...

So good! thanks for sharing:) I need to start being more like Lehi...

Nina said...

so sweet. love it! i'm afraid i have a long way to go to be like lehi, but it's a great reminder :)