Tuesday, November 9, 2010

spilling

perhaps it's that time of the month for me, i'm not sure.  i never really am sure when that's supposed to be for me.  i've never been regular.  but i do know, that i sure feel as though something is going on.  add on top of that possibility moving in with your in-laws.  as great as they are, it's an adjustment.  i've given up my own private space and i feel, part of my individuality in a way.  it's temporary, i know...i know.  i'm the winner here too, cause i come out of this saving so much money.  right? 

so why am i so dang emotional today?  it only took me hugging my husband for the tears to flow.  it was truly a pathetic sight to behold.  i miss nina, i miss my cousin, i miss la jolla, i miss the proximity to wonderful downtown things (bronx pizza, la jolla shores, utc mall, the zoo), i miss lucynthia and our babysitting trades, i miss my kitchen, i miss my piano students. 

okay, there.  i feel a little bit better.  between that little rant and my earlier niagara falls, i'm starting to feel less hormonal.  phew!  to change things up, here's the bug...


...isn't she yummy?  i know i'm biased, but come on.  blue eyes, scrunched up face, bright blonde hair.  and if you dare add her spunky (and slightly mean) personality you're really in for a surprise.  she's really into her small giraffe stuffed animal.  he has no name...but is a he.  he accompanies us many places.  he's apparently scared of the big dragon on "how to train your dragon".  giraffe likes sugar on cookies.  giraffe is also very generous in kiss-giving.  next time you're over...say hi to giraffe. 

9 comments:

Lissy said...

Definitely harder to just relax and be yourself when you don't have your own space! Ever need to talk about it - you can call me :) Great photo - those eyes! She's so adorable.

Rachel Pond said...

I feel for you Brooke! I have great inlaws who are easy to live with, but it's still very hard and awkward living with family and I would think especially when it's also with 2 kids in tow. Hang in there at least it won't be forever! If we were in California we'd be living with family too.

Malerie said...

I'm so sorry. I hope all the changes somehow get easier for you. Good thing you have those darling little girls to keep you smiling. You're right. She's pretty darn cute!

Heidi said...

Oh yeah, I feel for the losing your personal space (I'm sure Lissy has plenty to share about that too!) We only did it for 5 months-- the first five months we lived in AZ we lived in my parents' basement. They were probably the longest 5 months of my life, even though my parents were not that hard to live with. (I was pregnant with Jared, horribly homesick for CA, and had a husband who had to have knee surgery during that time. Yikes!)

Anyway, it doesn't surprise me at all that the tears may be flowing with this change, especially if hormones are involved. Nothing wrong with that, especially if sharing makes you feel better. Hang in there, Brooke!!!

And yes, your little girl is adorable (and clearly a character)!

Robin Baker - The Blessed Hippie said...

big changes are hard. spill it girlfriend!

Cherie said...

Amen. We've been considering moving back in with my inlaws now that my hubbers lost his job. Everytime I even think about it I start to cry, so I can't imagine what it is like to actually be IN that situation at present. Good luck. Stay positive for your girls!

I love the Halloween shot closeup of Sienna and her frowny. She's beautiful! Love that strawberry blonde hair!

The leader said...

Hugs! I think i was less horemonal when i still had my IUD... BEST THING EVER!! It's been a roller coaster (including pregnancy) ever since. But you know, roller coasters aren't all bad - as long as you can keep from puking! ;-)

enjoy some good mexican food and a stroll on the beach for us - it's pretty hard to come by in these parts.

Brittany said...

Isn't it great to have a blog to spill to? I have lived with my in-laws, twice. It isn't ideal, but can have a positive side. Just make the best of it, it will all work out. Love ya Brooke!

Kierst said...

I've meant to comment on your last few posts, but haven't. Anyway, I LOVE the halloween costumes and most especially the glasses. Such a great touch!

Moving in with even the best in-laws, I'm sure would be very difficult. Or moving in with parents. Either one. If you ever need to get away, come over! I'm around a lot.